"CHACOM The brand name Chacom is a combination of the family names Chapuis and Comoy. The factory was founded in Avignon, France in 1825, when the Comoy family started producing pipes there. Henry Comoy moved the production to London and from 1879 onwards he used his family name as a brand for his briar pipes. In 1922 the factory merged with one of his nephews Louis and Charles Chapuis. In the following period the production moved from London to Saint-Claude and several changes in names and ownership took place. The mark La Bruyère became the most important of the factory, since changes in names caused confusion."